great weather. Quality guiding and instruction. Good food. Kids in the landing areas who
want to help pack up for a few pesos. Cheap beer. Beautiful
sights. Pine trees. Flying available every day. "Every
stinkin day we go flyin" is a motto we use.
An experienced crew.
The climate is warm days (85 Degrees) and cool nights
so bring a range of clothing. The town is situated about
5000 ft msl. You should bring your flying kit including
2 meter radio or let us know what your requirements
are. We can provide most flying gear needed.
When can I schedule?
- Check with us for availability but flying is on year round. Winter is great and summer sees everything green
- No Dates Blacked out for 2012 / 2013 but note competition dates in How & When page
- Arrive in Mexico City or Toluca, travel to Valle de Bravo (takes about three hours). Arrive at the House or Hotel and unpack. Depending on time of arrival and desire, you may start practicing, flying or just relaxing.
- Daily routine from then on...
- Wake up, coffee is on in the kitchen or at the restaurant
- Flying at appropriate location
- Check out the local scene
Other frequently asked questions
- "What sort of lodging would we get?"
"Does it include any meals?"
- The attractive client house overlooks the lake. It is very close
to town center, has kitchen, fireplace, four bedrooms,
two baths, very nice. Rooms available setup for couples or singles. The house is great for groups and often allows solo occupancy without extra charge. It's good for most folks. The hotel or lakeside casita is for people who need a little more attention and especially those with non-flying companions. This gives a wide range of lodging options.
"Would we be the only people in your 'class', or tour?"
- No our rates do not include meals. A variety of
restaurants are available and there is the full
kitchen at the house with refrigerator, stove, etc.
Breakfast at the hotel is optional.
"What certification do you have?"
- Depends on who we have scheduled. We will not overbook so there should be a good distribution of people to equipment and enough guides and vehicles. We are also happy to schedule just one person so we don't require a group.
- Jeff is an Advanced Instructor through the USHPA
(United States) and his partner Alex is
a USHPA Basic Instructor. Both are advanced rated pilots.